About Clipper 13-14
The Clipper Round the World is an established and unique global event. It is the only round the world yacht race open to non-professional crew and the longest ocean race in the world.
- 40,000 miles, 6 continents, 15 stopovers, 11 months
- Professional skipper and 20 amateur crew
- 40 percent of the people who take part have never sailed before
- Twelve identical 70-foot yachts owned by Clipper and sponsored by cities and countries around the world
- Takes place every two years: Clipper 13-14 will be the ninth edition (first race was in 1996)
- Next race to start in July 2013
- The last truly Corinthian round the world yacht race
Find out more about the Clipper Round the World in the following pages:
Or visit the Clipper Website.
Currently I have committed to complete the first leg from the UK to Rio De Janeiro. But this could change!